What do I need to bring on my Arkansas duck hunt?
- Ammo: It is recommended to bring 2 boxes of ammo per hunting day.
- Clothing: The weather can fluctuate from one extreme to another, so suggest looking at the forecast for Jonesboro, Arkansas prior to arrival. You will need long-sleeve camo, and a hat and face covering. Rain jackets and gloves are great as the weather can change quickly. We recommend wearing chest waders for all hunts.
- Toiletries: We provide your basic amenities (hand soap, shower soap, towels, and toilet paper). Please bring your personal toiletries outside the listed items.
What is the best gun for duck hunting?
In our experience, you can't go wrong with a reliable 12-gauge or 20-gauge.
Do I need a license to hunt ducks in Arkansas?
- Yes, you are required to obtain a license through the state of Arkansas. Please call 1-800-364-GAME and request a 5-day waterfowl hunting permit prior to arrival.
- Arkansas HIP Card: A state HIP card is required. Ask for it when getting your license.
- Arkansas Duck Stamp: AGFC will issue the duck stamp over the phone with the permit.
- Federal Duck Stamp: Federal duck stamps are required in all 50 states. These can be purchased at your local post office and other retailers.
What does a typical day of duck hunting at Windy Hill look like?
- All our Arkansas duck hunting days kick off with the smell of the coffee pot and fresh biscuits. Your guides will provide transportation to your hunting location where you will hunt until noon.
- Upon return to our duck hunting lodge, you will be greeted with a hot lunch. After lunch, feel free to kick back and relax in one of our recliners, enjoy a game of cornhole or darts in the Duck Cave or climb in your bunk for an afternoon nap.
- Dinner is served family-style in the lodge followed by bonfires and stories recapping your day.
- Turn in early or hang out late, but don't forget the next morning comes early!
Do you offer day hunts or only multiple-day hunts?
Day hunts are offered depending on availability/ spacing. Contact us today for more information.
Where is Windy Hill Outfitters Located?
Windy Hill is located near Jonesboro, Arkansas in the Cash River area - the heart of prime duck country!
Ask Us a Question